Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Orange County, CA
Motorcycle Accident Overview
Motorcycles and their riders are more vulnerable to serious injuries in a traffic accident and different rules may apply to collisions involving a motorcycle. Car drivers often blame motorcyclist after they have caused the accident by saying things like “I didn’t see him” or “they were riding between the lanes”. It is crucial to consult with an attorney that can first investigate all facts of the case and then obtain fair compensation for future medical treatment when in a motorcycle accident. Corrales Law Group has been successful obtaining compensation even in some cases where a police report puts the motorcyclist at fault because we understand concepts like ‘lane splitting’.
It is important to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney right away; some injuries will linger for a long period or grow worse with time. Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in wrongful death or leave victims incapacitated with a severe brain or spinal cord injury. Our firm has successfully represented numerous motorcyclists throughout California.
What should I do if I have been involved in a motorcycle accident?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident you should:
- Call the police- It is always better to have a police report on file in order to obtain all important information. If the police cannot arrive on the scene, make sure to take pictures and exchange all important information with all drivers.
- Get medical attention- make sure to receive treatment for all serious injures as soon as possible. Many motorcycle collisions involve serious head or spinal injuries that require immediate attention. If emergency care is not needed or required, make sure to consult with a motorcycle collision attorney to help with medical care coordination.
- Call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney– An attorney could help you investigate all responsible parties, have your property replaced or repaired promptly, and obtain compensation for any past and future medical care. Several other claims could be explored by a competent personal injury attorney. Make sure to contact an attorney before speaking to any other driver’s insurance company.
When to Pursue a Claim When involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
In California, most claims must be filed within two years after the motorcycle collision. In almost every case, it is much better to speak with an attorney as soon as possible so that all evidence may be preserved and all responsible parties can be investigated.
What sort of compensation is available under California law?
An experienced attorney could help maximize your recovery for several types of claims available under California law. Types of compensation for the victim of a negligent driver that was injured during a motorcycle collision can include:
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Property loss, including all motorcycle gear
- Lost wages due to the collision
- Punitive damages to punish a driver in limited cases such as when the negligent driver was under the influence
How much will it cost to hire an attorney and file a claim or lawsuit?
Our firm works on a contingency basis for motorcycle collision claims, meaning you will not pay anything until there is monetary recovery. This means Corrales Law Group will pay all upfront costs of investigations, hiring of experts, retaining all medical records, etc.
One major benefit of hiring our firm on a contingency basis is our incentive is to obtain the maximum recovery for our clients.
Speak to one of our experienced attorneys today!
Our firm has handled many motorcycle collision claims and have recovered millions for victims of careless drivers. Our goal is to make your extremely difficult situation as easy as possible. Our firm will work to ease your mind and to make sure any person or company that is responsible is held financially accountable. Call us today to speak directly with an experienced attorney about your case!